20 MINUTE SAVOURY PUMPKIN SOUP #vegan #glutenfree

20 MINUTE SAVOURY PUMPKIN SOUP #vegan #glutenfree

Skirt the somewhat sweet pumpkin soup this year and attempt this brief appetizing pumpkin soup that is a little fiery yet similarly as comfortable and rich as the first.

All through September I continued disclosing to myself that it was past time for tumble to really start. For the most part since I was energized for layers, boots, candles and comfortable evenings with a decent book.

Be that as it may, when I understood the climate called for snow this week, I quickly began freezing. Turns out my inward island young lady wasn't as prepared for the cold as I suspected. Know what I am prepared for however? All the fall nourishment. In particular, this exquisite pumpkin soup.

Also Try Our Recipe : HONEY ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH CRANBERRIES AND FETA

20 MINUTE SAVOURY PUMPKIN SOUP #vegan #glutenfree

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1 shallot, diced (about 1 tbsp)
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
  • 1½ cups pumpkin puree*
  • 1 cup vegetable stock
  • ? cup non-dairy milk**
  • 1 tbsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • salt and pepper to taste

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Add olive oil, shallots and garlic to a medium sized saucepan over medium heat
  2. Sautee the veggies for 2 - 3 minutes or until softened
  3. Stir in remaining ingredients and allow to simmer
  4. Optional: Blend soup using an immersion blender or regular blender to get rid of any chunks of garlic and shallots then pour mixture back into pot
  5. Thin out the soup with more stock or milk if desired. I like my soup on the thicker side so this may be necessary
  6. Allow to simmer for another 5 minutes, taste and adjust seasonings as necessary (I added a little more cumin)
  7. Serve with pepitas, a drizzle of milk or vegan yogurt and/or vegan grilled cheese sandwiches

NOTES
*Feel free to sub pumpkin for other pureed squash
**I used both light coconut milk and almond milk with great results

For more detail : bit.ly/2CmDpY0

Read More Our Recipe : SLOW COOKER CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP

Post a Comment

0 Comments