“FROZEN” POPCORN SNOWBALLS #desserts #partydessert

“FROZEN” POPCORN SNOWBALLS #desserts #partydessert

Winter has gone back and forth, in spite of the fact that the climate here in Utah would propose something else. These popcorn snowballs may appear to be truly strange now that it's spring, however a couple of days prior we had ourselves a little Frozen gathering. Two times per month I'm responsible for arranging exercises for a gathering of young ladies from our congregation. Now and again we enjoy a reprieve from administration extends and have a "fun" day. They needed to watch a film and nibble on yummy treats. How might I deny them? So I we ate dessert and crunched on these chunks of gooey goodness while they sang and moved to Frozen.

I'm normally not extremely brave with regards to popcorn. I favor spread, pot or my auntie's popular caramel corn. Albeit of late I've seen a huge amount of plans for both appetizing and sweet popcorn blends all over Pinterest. So I thought I'd get somewhat inventive and make something new. These popcorn snowballs appeared to be an ideal treat for the gathering.

I began by warming some oil in a dutch stove. I poured the bits in, covered them and after that once the oil was hot, I included some sugar. This made a sweet pot like base for the balls. When the popcorn was popped I enabled it to cool in a huge blending bowl. Then I made the gooey covering. It's much the same as making rice krispie treats, you liquefy the spread in a pot, gather the marshmallows and afterward mix everything into a single unit. For these popcorn snowballs I included a spot of salt and some vanilla concentrate. I see those fixings as fundamental in a heating or "treat making." They include both profundity and flavor. Anyway, similar to I referenced, you simply overlay in the softened mallow blend into the cooled popcorn and after that sprinkle in any extra confections. Since it was a Frozen gathering I went with blue sanding sugar, kind sized snowflake sprinkles and an assortment of blue M&M's.

Also Try Our Recipe : Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies

“FROZEN” POPCORN SNOWBALLS #desserts #partydessert

Ingredients

  • ½ c. popcorn kernels
  • 3 tbsp. canola oil
  • ½ c. sugar
  • 4 tbsp. butter
  • 5 c. mini marshmallows
  • ¼ tsp. salt
  • ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 c. M&Ms
  • sprinkles or peanuts (optional)

Directions

  1. Place a heavy bottom dutch oven or saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil and popcorn and stir the kernels so that they are evenly coated. When the oil becomes hot and sizzles, add the sugar. Shake the pot or pan until the first few kernels pop. Place the lid on top and continue gently shaking back and forth while the remaining kernels pop. Once the popcorn stops, remove from heat and place into a large mixing bowl to cool.
  2. Next, in a small saucepan over medium heat, add the butter and marshmallows. Stir continuously until the marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat and add the salt and vanilla extract.
  3. Pour over the popcorn and coat evenly. Add M&Ms, sprinkles or nuts.
  4. Cover your hands with a light layer butter or coconut oil. Form the popcorn mixture into 3" balls. Set them on a piece of wax (or parchment) paper to cool completely, about 30 minutes.

For more detail : bit.ly/2nL0HTJ

Read More Our Recipe : SPIKED CROCKPOT APPLE CIDER

Post a Comment

0 Comments