TIRAMISU CHEESECAKE

Initially I made the crust with crushed up ladyfingers. It makes sense, right? But when you grind up ladyfingers they are quite soft and very light. I didn’t feel like it resulted in the firmer crust I wanted. So instead I went with vanilla wafer cookies.

The flavor is still great (one of my favorite crusts) and it did bake into a nicer crust. And as I said, the baking really is necessary. Baking a crust helps it hold together better when you cut into it later and for this cheesecake I really recommend it. The crust is topped with ladyfingers that are dipped in Kahlúa and espresso and some of the liquid soaks into the crust while firming up in the fridge. It softens the crust a bit so if you don’t bake it to begin with it’ll be even softer.

On top of the the crust, you have the ladyfingers which are dipped in espresso and Kahlúa. If you would prefer this cheesecake to be non-alcoholic you could leave out the Kahlúa and add additional water and espresso, but I always love the flavor of the Kahlúa.

For more detail visit : lifeloveandsugar.com

Post a Comment

0 Comments