CRISPY KUMARA CAKES #vegetarian #sandwiches

CRISPY KUMARA CAKES #vegetarian #sandwiches

Three fixings. Ten minutes. Straightforward, quick, delectable. These fiery and firm little kumara cakes will make you grin.

Home alone. Dark day. Downpour. Head cold. I just couldn't confront 'something' on toast for lunch (my weekday go to). I required something to energize my taste buds and wake me up a piece. In any case, vitality? No. Inspiration? No.

So these took a little ways from the minute I thought of making them, to getting them on the plate and great to go. I figure a toasted sandwich may have nearly taken longer.

Also Try Our Recipe : Chickpea Cauliflower Curry

CRISPY KUMARA CAKES #vegetarian #sandwiches

INGREDIENTS

  • 1/2 a large orange kumara (sweet potato), (approximately 300g)
  • 2 tbsp flour
  • 1 tsp curry powder
  • Pinch of cayenne pepper, (optional - my curry powder is mild and I wanted to kick this up a notch)
  • Oil of your choice, for frying

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Peel and grate the kumara into a mixing bowl.
  2. Add the flour, spices, a good grind of pepper and salt to season. Mix well.
  3. Heat a little oil to medium heat in a large frypan. Squeeze handfuls of kumara mixture together then flatten into a pattie shape and pop in the frypan. Cook until golden brown on the bottom, flip and cook the other side until golden. Don't be tempted to flip them too early otherwise they'll break - let that first side get good and golden to hold them together.
  4. Serve with green cashew sauce, hummus or mayo/aioli and some crisp salad greens. If you eat eggs, a poached free range egg or two wouldn't go amiss.

For more detail : bit.ly/2rQQSFx

Read More Our Recipe : 10 Minute Homemade Puff Pastry

Post a Comment

0 Comments