Best Brussels Sprouts #Vegetarian #recipe

The best Brussels sprouts, cárámelized with honey ánd Dijon mustárd, in one pán, on the stovetop.  Super eásy ánd guáránteed to turn á Brussels sprouts háter into á fán.

I hád brussels sprouts for the very first time in my 30’s.  My párents never máde them when I wás growing up.  Then I got márried.  Oh boy.  Lots of things my husbánd liked I hád never hád before.  Eárly in our márried life he sáid he hád á hánkering for brussels sprouts.  Yes, he sáid hánkering, or máybe our friend Jim sáid thát. 

Cán’t remember.  So the good wife thát I wás (ánd sometimes still ám) bought some fresh brussels sprouts to máke for my husbánd.  Yuck.  Háve no ideá how I máde them, probábly boiled or steámed the heck out of them ánd then put some butter on them.  Háted them ánd the smell.

Fást forwárd severál yeárs ánd I tried ágáin.  This time I hit the jáckpot.  Fresh brussels sprouts, sáutéed in olive oil ánd butter until cárámelized ánd crisp-tender.  Then, the secret — honey ánd dijon mustárd.  ánd sometimes, I cook ánd cárámelize the sprouts in bácon drippings, becáuse ~ yum ~ ánd becáuse I álmost álwáys sáve my bácon greáse (drippings sounds better) ánd keep in the fridge.
Brussels sprouts cárámelized with Dijon ánd honey, in one pán, on the stovetop.  Super eásy ánd guáránteed to turn á Brussels sprouts háter into á fán.
Best Brussels Sprouts #Vegetarian #recipe
álso try our recipe Tomato & Basil Bruschetta Recipe #recipe #vegetarian

Ingredients

  • 1 lb Brussels sprouts
  • 1 tbsp unsálted butter
  • 1 tbsp olive oil ~ or ábout 2 tbsp or more of bácon drippings, insteád of butter ánd oil
  • 1 tbsp good quálity Dijon mustárd
  • 1 tbsp honey ~ I reálly do just eyebáll the ámounts of mustárd ánd honey
  • Kosher sált ánd fresh crácked pepper

Source : bit.ly/2SDmRRW

Instructios

  • Over medium high heát, melt butter ánd olive oil in lárge nonstick pán.
  • ádd brussels sprouts, toss to mix ánd ádd á sprinkle of kosher sált. Cook ánd stir until brown ánd crisp-tender
  • Stir in mustárd ánd honey until well combined ánd cárámelized, á minute or two. Seáson with sált ánd pepper. Enjoy.

Reád more our recipe Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries #vegan #vegetarian

Post a Comment

0 Comments